Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fever


Yesterday evening he was not like the usual Ikram, cheerful and agrresive. He seems not very active. No sign off illness or fever though. After maghrib he started crying and seek for attention. After attend to him, I hand him over to my parents as I need to perform my solat and do a bit of laundry. Upon fininshing my laundry I heard him squeking, yelling like no one attend to him. I put away all my undone job and attend to him immediately. He was crying and yelling like someone has poked his eyes. He was sulking. Tried hard to comfort and soothe him down. After much effort, I managed to put him to sleep. Then I continued with my laundry, hang the clothes outside and then heard him cried again.

Still sulking and yelling. Tried to put him to bed. Hugged him hard, put on the air-cond and he fell asleep again in my arm. At 11.30pm after about an hour asleep he started crying again with his eyes still closed. Bring him to the living room where my parents were still watching the TV. He cried hard, I suspect he's having a fever, but no indication of any illness. Everyone started to panic when he cried non stop especially in the middle of the nite. Tried hard to soothe and comfort him but to no avail. Refused to drink his milk and his soother. I have to carry him and mingled around the house. When I sat down he started to cry again. Gosh, I'm tired and sleepy and I have to work tomorrow. I almost lost my patient but when look at his eyes makes me scared as well. My poor boy, what was wrong with him. Again, after much effort he fell asleep. At 1.30am he woke up and cried and I carried him to the living room in a dim light. Hugged him tight and he fell asleep again. Again at 3 am he woke up and cried.His body was warm with high temperature. He's having a fever. No wonder he cried all nite. He was not feeling well. Gave him medicine for fever which I have in stock. Dr. gave him few weeks ago when we went for his monthly japs. This is his first illness. He never fell sick not even after his monthly japs. He is a tough boy. Pity him, this time he has to suffer the weakness from his first ever fever.

Sent him to Kak Nah this morning, he managed to gave us all a weak smile though. Before that I gave him another round of medicine and his temperature seems to cool down yet still the fever sign is there. Abang Sidek came and have a look on him and asked me which Clinic I prefer to go. I said any Clinic available, if things doesnt seems alright. Cautioned Kak Nah with his condition and to call me immediately if his condition doesnt seems to be better.

Sorry Ikram, Umi have to leave you with Mama and off to work. My office and Kak Nah's is just a few minutes driving. Hope he gets better.

Love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment