Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sightseeing and Visiting

Yesterday we went for a sightseeing and visiting relatives. Ikram as his usual habits loves to travel as well. Same like his Umi. He is fully recovered and we brought him onboard. First we went to Ayer Itam to buy some items for his upcoming 'Potong Jambul' and 'Kekah'. His grandmom, after attended the same function from her friends house came back with some kind of look though she tried to cover it up and make up the story. She said she felt a bit awkward if we didnt by anything for the invited guess as a door gift especially those who will perform the 'Potong Jambul'.

For this function, I trully felt different because it is not going to be mine. Frankly speaking my hands are tighten. I am the person who likes everything to be done as I wish, if it is my event with my own account. But this time seems like I have no say. Yes, she asked my opinion, but actually it is not opinion but a formality to inform me what need and shoud be doing. That is why I have not put 100% of my heart in the event. We thought of doing it last year, when she is still in his 1-2 months. Then due to ensure all her grandchildren etc etc available to attend we have to do it during the school holiday. And guess what?Hmmm almost 50% of her children and including her own daughter unable to attend. Why?Oh ofcourse, this is holiday time. They want to have their own holiday... either cuti-cuti Malaysia or abroad. See what a waste of time. Now Ikram almost 5 months only to have his potong jambul. This is not really a potong jambul then, guess we can call it potong rambut (hair cut).

So she gave a hint to give something like others did such as to give a towel or kain batik or even kain. But at the same time told me not to buy an expensive item and we should have a budget fucntion. I said we should not follow others. But to make it short I dont want to quarrel or argue, just let her be and now we are on the way to Ayer Itam.

So I found latest bunga telur, which I think quite nice to give to the makcik-makcik whom going to perform the potong jambul. So after showed her around she finally agreed, unfortunately we are not allowed to buy few items. Which we need only around 7 peaces. We need to buy one box consists of 50 peaces. Hmmm then she told me, ok we just buy and this can be given to the rest of the invited guess (marhaban group) around 30 pax. So I tought that's it. End of the problem. Upon paying she kept on saying things like, hmm then what's another additional item for the special 7 people? What??? Another item? What is this? Just a few minutes a go she said that will do and now she kept thinking we should buy additional item. Sometimes I wonder, am I going to marry off my son or what? It should be a small function but a memorable one but now seems like so much of wasting which I'm not ready.

Anyway, I just kept quite and keep it inside. We moved on then toward BP to a relatives house. I was so hungry, it almost 12.30 in the afternoon and it was raining heavily. Travel seems not so pleasant now as it was raining heavily. I kept telling Ab that I'm hungry and we should find a restaurant but he just kept quite. I guessed he must have been thinking that maybe if we were lucky we can have lunch at the relative house which was just around the corner. We reached there and seems like no one home. Hmmm???? But alhamdulillah some one open the door, an elderly lady came out. Very elderly. Here goes my lunch away. I can felt my head's spinning, I had headache already. i cant have late lunch. I did took a light breakfast though but I used to had something at 10.30am dailywhich I missed yesterday and that was why I was so hungry and had headache. Alhamdulillah Ikram was ok. He was such a good boy. he was so excited to sees his surrounding like the jakun. He looks at things with such an interest. He was so cheerful playing with his fists and Roha his cousin who join along kept playing his musical elephant he gave a very good respond. I fed him though during the journey.

That elderly was living on his own and she had a neighbour to assist her with household chores which she pays her very good monthly. Her house was so neat and tidy and this elderly is still healthy and doesnt look like someone whom already at her 80s. We chat and the neighbour and her daughter came to make us a drink and Ikram seems so fond with them. We had porridge...our lucky day I guess. So happened that day that elderly felt like having porridge and she asked her neighbour to cook it. I saw it quite a lot. So atleast I had something to soothe my stomach.

After solat we decided to leave but outside was still raining heavily.Then we moved on to S town down south I guess to another relative house. One thing I felt so disturbing was that I cant catch any fish today due to heavy rain and public holiday (Maulidur Rasul). As was my habits, when travels I love buying things along the roadside especially when travel to kampung-kampung. So there was nothing at all.

At the 2nd house we had Fish Chips and hot tea. Hmm atleast. But prior to that I again insist we stop for something to eat and we had mee mamak. Alhamdulillah like the car, if not fuel the car cant move so am I and now I felt so energetic. I was recharged.

It was still raining heavily and quite difficult for me to carry Ikram into the house. After much effort I managed to minimized Ikram from being wet as he is just recovered from a fever. I again fed him and he fell asleep. After a while we on our way home and have another stop at Bandar P. Nothing to see and buy again and Ikram now started to grumbled. I guess he felt so tired and fed ub being so confined in his car seat.

He started making fussed and I had to carry him infront. Again he was like Jakun. So excited to see his surrounding, things that he never sees before. After a while he started to make fussed again. Guess he was sleepy but fighting himself from falling asleep. He felt so uneasy, tried to put him to sleep but failed. Tried so many things and luckily we almost home. Reached home almost 8pm and clean him up, changed his diapers, gave his Milk milk and he fell asleep.

There goes his sightseeing and travelling for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment